THAT WAS THE TITLE of a timely introductory presentation sponsored this month by the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (the international association of Conservative synagogues). Highly recommended for all readers of this blog is the Zoom recording (57 min.) HERE.
Related resources are also available…
I am pleased to pass along the following additional resources:
- the presentation slides;
- a sample reserve study for a “house of worship”;
- a marketing piece for an interactive software planning tool; and
- a capital planning worksheet.
The first step to developing a capital plan is called a reserve study. Without one, we cannot ensure that we will have sufficient funds on hand for our facilities needs. Consequently, next month I plan to ask the board for permission to solicit a donation ($5–$6K) to fund a reserve study, which projects the annual funding needed to enable our timely replacement of major facilities components over the next 30 years. By then I may also have quotes from the three firms I’ve identified that seem competent at estimating the remaining useful life of our components, as well as estimating replacement costs.



No comments:
Post a Comment